Listening and Communication enhancement software – (LACE)
The Audiology Room is proud to have achieved recognition as a
LACE certified hearing centre.
So what is LACE?
Lace is like physical therapy for the ear and brain
We know that you hear with your ears but listen with your brain; even someone with recordable normal hearing can struggle listening in noisy places and miss elements of conversation in high level noise.
LACE (Listening and Communication enhancement software) is computerized and interactive software driven training program that can help improve ear to brain muscle memory.
LACE can be used at home on your PC or even DVD player, it can also me used in your hearing centre with your hearing aid specialist.
Conceived by leading audiologists at the University of California at San Francisco and implemented by silicon valley software veterans, LACE Auditory Training programs retrain the brain to comprehend speech up to 40% better in difficult listening situations
• Runs on Windows or MAC PC’s and can be used as DVD
• Simple and fun, easy to use
• Helps compensate for hearing losses by strengthening thinking and memory skill
• Automatic submission of your progress to your hearing healthcare specialist
• conquer tough listening situations like noisy restaurants so you can enjoy daily activities more.